The Packaging Assistant helps to package our beer, stage pallets for shipping, and load/unload freight with a forklift. It is a part time, entry level position with potential to learn and grow at our brewery. The packaging assistant contributes to the precise treatment of Grimm beer in the final stages of production. And ensures the quality and integrity of our product in the bottle, can, or keg. Candidates must share our commitment to precision, craftsmanship, creativity, and authenticity.
- Adhere to SOP’s in all aspects of cellaring and packaging operations
- Operate the keg washer and bottling lines while adhering to quality standards
- Assist with pack out during canning runs
- Adhere to production safety protocols
- Ensure that the brewery, cellar, and packaging facilities are properly maintained in clean and safe conditions
- Fill out packaging logs and note any discrepancies
- Operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Organize pallets in loading bay in preparation for shipments to our distributors
- Load and unload freight trucks
- Assist all production team members in all aspects of their roles
- Participate in team meetings and report on any packaging or freight issues
Important Abilities and Skills:
- A strong work ethic and sense of urgency; the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and work independently, while excelling in a collaborative team environment
- Must be punctual, self-motivated, and employ effective time management skills
- Ability to problem-solve and work through challenges while remaining calm, flexible and upbeat, knowing when to ask for help to prevent mistakes and complete the task
- Mechanical aptitude and demonstrated ability to work with brewery and packaging equipment, basic tools, and to drive a forklift
- Writing and math skills necessary to read and write orders related to freight loading and unloading
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and nonverbal
- Ability to continuously stand, walk, lift, carry and handle 150 lbs.; frequently bend, stoop, kneel, climb, reach, and push; and work in confined spaces and close quarters with others
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, labor intensive, damp and variable temperature brewery and warehouse environment and to work with hot, cold and hazardous equipment and materials
- Flexibility in both schedule and duties; willingness to work weekends and evenings
- Friendly, professional attitude
- One year of relevant work experience including previous packaging experience within a brewery is preferred
- Previous experience with mechanical systems and troubleshooting problems
- Forklift certification isn’t required; however, it would be very helpful!
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Passion for beer!
Each person that we employ will have an immediate impact on our brewery. We expect you to be motivated and to work hard just like we do. We encourage each person on our staff to have a voice and to grow with our company.
Grimm Artisanal Ales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, military status or any other category protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Grimm Artisanal Ales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Grimm’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.Apply today