- send a brief cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line, “food runner application”
The Food Runner is primarily responsible for delivering food orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately. It is this person who will maintain the cleanliness of the expo line, organization of order tickets, and communicate effectively with the BOH Lala’s team and Grimm Bar team. The Food Runner will also be responsible for the initial expediting of carryout and catering orders.
Candidates for the position of food runner should display an innate sense of hustle, the ability to anticipate needs, a proactive attitude, and a perceptive awareness of people and the environment.
Please note that this is a general outline of duties, responsibilities & expectations.
Essential Duties For Food Runner:
- Responsible for carrying food orders from kitchen to guest or drop off are.
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of all food menus including catering/event menus
- Assure guests have everything they need on the tables after delivery of food
- Keep station clean and organized
- Keep polished utensils and restock customer self-service areas throughout shift.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with guests, and co-workers.
- Stay in communication with chef and kitchen staff about special requests and allergies
- Deliver food items to customers and to the downstairs to-go area, and clear and wipe down tables.
- Perform calmly and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork by assisting co-workers.
- Assist in setting up and resetting the restaurant before and after service.
- 1+ years experience working in fast paced bars and/or restaurants
- A strong work ethic and sense of urgency; the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and work independently, while excelling in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work with management–to listen, learn, and effectively communicate your questions and concerns
- Must be punctual, self-motivated, and employ effective time management skills (in relation to shifts, staff meetings, special events)
- Professional personal appearance: keeping good hygiene and grooming; and wearing clean, smart work clothes.
- Ability to problem-solve and work through challenges while remaining calm, flexible and upbeat
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and nonverbal)
- Fun, friendly, attitude with Grimm staff, management, and guests
- Honest and professional demeanor
- Ability to continuously stand, walk, lift and handle 50lbs; frequently bend, walk up and down stairs, reach, and push; and work in confined spaces and close quarters with others
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, variable temperature environment.
- Flexibility in both schedule and duties; willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- $15/hr plus tips
- Excellent discount program for both Lala’s and Grimm products
- PTO and sick-leave
- Join a passionate and vibrant team of food and beer lovers who are committed to experimentation and innovation
- Opportunities for education and growth
Grimm Artisanal Ales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, military status or any other category protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Grimm Artisanal Ales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Grimm’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.