Grimm Artisanal Ales is opening a Pizzeria! Lala’s Brooklyn Apizza is looking to build a team of talented and passionate food service professionals to help us launch the soon-to-be rooftop restaurant and bar. The pizzeria will feature our own take on the uniquely charred New Haven apizza, with thin crust made from our house-milled malted wheat, fermented with our own house sourdough culture, and baked in our new wood-fired oven. The bar will feature a full list of Grimm beers, wines from our sister winery, Physica Wines, and a curated cocktail menu (housemade shrubs and batched classics). Spanning almost 4000 sq feet of indoor and outdoor space, we’re thrilled to be expanding our footprint to accommodate more guests and to begin hosting private parties – both at Lala’s and in our taproom.
- Organize, manage, and track all orders and food tickets while effectively communicating with chefs and food runners regarding ticket status, allergens, and special situations.
- Keep a cleanly, stocked, and organized station, following all health and business guidelines
- Top pizzas after they are out of the oven with ingredients, slice pizzas, box pizzas
- Assist kitchen staff and FOH staff when necessary
- Keep a working knowledge of all menu items including beer and special event menus.
- Assist in setting up and resetting the restaurant before and after service.
- Serves to support the kitchen and FOH team by being attentive to all that is occurring within the dining room, relaying relevant information to the Chef and maintaining a full awareness of the flow within the dining room to assist the kitchen in their execution.
- Perform calmly and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork by assisting co-workers.
- 1+ years experience working in fast paced bars and/or restaurants
- A strong work ethic and sense of urgency; the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and work independently, while excelling in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work with management–to listen, learn, and effectively communicate your questions and concerns
- Must be punctual, self-motivated, and employ effective time management skills (in relation to shifts, staff meetings, special events)
- Professional personal appearance: keeping good hygiene and grooming; and wearing clean, smart work clothes.
- Ability to problem-solve and work through challenges while remaining calm, flexible and upbeat
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and nonverbal)
- Ability to continuously stand, walk, lift and handle 50lbs; frequently bend, walk up and down stairs, reach, and push; and work in confined spaces and close quarters with others
- Flexibility in both schedule and duties; willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Excellent discount program for both Lala’s and Grimm products
- PTO and sick-leave
- Join a passionate and vibrant team of food and beer lovers who are committed to experimentation and innovation
- Opportunities for education and growth
- $20.00-$25.00/hour depending on experience
Grimm Artisanal Ales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, military status or any other category protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Grimm Artisanal Ales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Grimm’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.