Grimm Artisanal Ales is opening a Pizzeria! Lala’s Brooklyn Apizza is looking to build a team of talented and passionate food service professionals to help us launch the soon-to-be rooftop restaurant and bar. The pizzeria will feature our own take on the uniquely charred New Haven apizza, with thin crust made from our house-milled malted wheat, fermented with our own house sourdough culture, and baked in our new wood-fired oven. The bar will feature a full list of Grimm beers, wines from our sister winery, Physica Wines, and a curated cocktail menu (housemade shrubs and batched classics). Spanning almost 4000 sq feet of indoor and outdoor space, we’re thrilled to be expanding our footprint to accommodate more guests and to begin hosting private parties – both at Lala’s and in our taproom.
- Comfortable working with wood fired oven
- Energetic and respectful team player with clear communication skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for wholesome, seasonal, and fermented food
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced kitchen environment
- Interest in taking part in the opening of a new restaurant
- A flexible attitude to adapt to evolving structures and procedures
- Highly organized, punctual, and with a eye for detail
- Ability and knowledge of novel and seasonal ingredients
- Excellent knife skills, plating techniques, and attention to detail
- 1+ years of kitchen experience with knowledge of sourdough, wood fired cooking, and pizza preferred.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 55 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Preparing pizza ingredients and toppings
- Preparation, cooking, and plating of menu items including cold and hot appetizers, and desserts
- Setting up and breaking down of work stations
- Overseeing the production and storage of dough
- Assembling sourdough pizzas
- Managing the firing of pizzas and movement in and out of the oven, including maintaining wood fired oven
- Maintaining a cleanly workstation and organization of storage and fridge spaces
- Assisting in special event catering and other special projects
- Complete assigned prep list, efficiently run your station during the shift
- Communicate and collaborate with other kitchen and FOH staff respectfully and clearly
- Monitor and maintain in-stock levels of all needed ingredients
- Health insurance for full-time employees
- Excellent discount program for both Lala’s and Grimm products
- PTO and sick-leave
- Join a passionate and vibrant team of food and beer lovers who are committed to experimentation and innovation
- Opportunities for education and growth
- $20-24/hour depending on experience
Grimm Artisanal Ales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, military status or any other category protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Grimm Artisanal Ales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Grimm’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.