If interested please submit a cover letter and resumé to [email protected] with TAPROOM ASSISTANT MANAGER in the subject line.
TAPROOM ASSISTANT MANAGER
The Taproom Assistant Manager is a part of a team that focuses on service and quality standards in Grimm’s taproom and Lala’s Pizzeria. This position supervises and assists in the smooth flow of service. They are also responsible for multiple behind the scenes functions that allow for smooth and effective business operations. Candidates for this role must be passionate, proactive, professional, and possess a strong understanding of effective and excellent service and business practices. This role is best suited for those looking to expand and apply their management skills, and experience to a growing food and beverage company.
Reports To: General Manager and works closely with other Taproom Assistant Managers
Overall duties include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee set up for daily service:
- Aid in the daily transition of production brewery to taproom to ensure maximum and appropriate seating arrangements for guests.
- Ensure lighting is adjusted as the sun sets and music levels are adjusted depending on taproom dynamic. Ensure that music is appropriate and from a taproom-approved playlist.
- Walk throughout the space with an eye toward informing and assisting our clientele, maintaining general cleanliness, and aiding staff in the execution of their duties as necessary.
- Supervise a bar and support staff team of ~12
- Communicate pre-shift notes, inventory updates, and any pertinent information to staff
- Edit and print updated food and beverage menus as needed
- Possess exceptional patience and customer service skills with ability to calmly, smartly and strategically de-escalate any troublesome scenarios that may arise between any parties involved.
- Fix, delegate the fixing of, or coordinate with a facility vendor in the fixing of, any small problems that may occur in guest facing spaces (i.e. broken door handles, light bulbs, sound system, etc),
- Scheduling & Payroll
- Assist GM in scheduling bar and support staff according to business demand
- Watch day-of business trends and make cuts to staff to align with business demand
- Work with GM to create staffing matrices that are appropriate for business volume
- Assist GM in conducting FOH employee reviews/appraisals;
- Assist GM in training/onboarding new hires to adhere to service SOP’s
- Events & other taproom activities:
- Assist GM in Public Event planning and onsite coordination
- Assist GM in Private event onsite coordination
- Online Order Fulfillment through Toast/Shopify Platform
- Package and ship out items purchased through online Toast retailer
- Communicating any order issues to customer
- Inventory and Ordering Coordination
- Weekly inventory cycle counts of all Taproom inventories
- Working with the GM and Warehouse Coordinator to manage all Grimm and Physica products
- Weekly ordering of Taproom inventory products (i.e. paper goods, office supplies, cleaning supplies, n/a beverages etc)
- Weekly bank deposit drops, bank runs, and tracking of cash movement in and out of safes.
- Ability to bring ideas to the management team regarding increasing taproom profitability;
- Understanding of all rules and regulations (local, state, federal regulations as well as Grimm’s house rules)
- Assist GM in managing and updating digital platforms as needed (i.e. Untappd, BeerMenus, Grimm website and POS, etc)
- Maintain and troubleshoot POS hardware and software before and during service.
- Connect with the GM and rest of Taproom Assistant Management team weekly to refine steps of service and discuss any pertinent information regarding taproom function, releases and or events
- Maintain awareness and expertise regarding Grimm’s beer & history, as well as all other beer, wine, liquor products that are carried in-house for the edification of staff and customers.
Qualities of the Taproom Assistant Manager
- Confident, proactive and resourceful
- Communicates messages clearly and effectively
- Conscientious, detail-oriented, organized
- Delegates responsibilities and empowers FOH staff
- Appreciates and leverages the strengths of others to accomplish goals
- Goal-oriented, results-driven
- Constantly refining steps of service and inventory management
- Passionate about beer presentation, pouring methods, beer history, Grimm beer processes and ingredients
- 3+ years of experience in a fast paced, high volume restaurant or bar environment
- 1+ years of bar/taproom managing experience
- Strong knowledge of craft beer and a hunger for continuing education
- Strong computer skills (G Suite, Slack,)
- Analytical skills and a solid understanding of business management practices and strategies
- Ability to continuously stand, walk up and down stairs, lift/move up to 160 lb. half bbl kegs; frequently bend, reach, and push; and work in confined spaces and close quarters with others
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, variable temperature brewery environment and to work within our 38ºF cold box.
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends
- Previous event management experience (ideal but not required)
Compensation: $28 – $30/hr plus benefits
Grimm Artisanal Ales is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, military status or any other category protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Grimm Artisanal Ales expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Grimm’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.